Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Baby is Born!

About a week ago, my third nephew from a different brother was born. Luke Stephen. Is there anything better than the feeling of having a new life in your family? I can't help but feel pride for the 8lb 9oz full head of hair angel that I've not seen enough photos of. This is the first nephew I never got to hold on the day he was born and it was a little unnerving for me. I had a really hard time getting past the fact that his great aunts and uncles had the chance to bond with him in their arms before I got the chance. Although now I am just more anxious to finish work this Thursday and fly out to Newfoundland, Canada to see his perfect face.

This will be the only time I get to see him for about a year. My brother is doing his medical residence in Florida, USA. So the mother and baby with be moving down there as soon as Luke's passport is done. With the possibility of school this September I can't think of any time I could get away for a little R & R with family.

For now I wait until Good Friday in Canada. On a side note my friend just started up a blog, if you get a chance check it out. Today's Cranium Special

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, wishing you safe travels and you go out to spoil that new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new nephew. Babies are indeed wondrous. I'll check out your friend's blog.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're great when they're new, but when they're older, they get to be such characters. But there's never a bad time to be an aunt :)

    ReplyDelete