Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dark Side of Things

Normally most people like to go through life thinking about the best situation, cause no one wants an unhappy ending. However I was brought to the realization yesterday that subconsciously some people are naturally protective of the people they care about. Most movies in Hollywood prove this fact, from Bruce Willis protecting his family in Die Hard to Gerald Butler revenging his wife and child's death in Law Abiding Citizen. However sometimes its not just the family members that we want to protect but also several of our friends.

I just so happen to be one of these people. I have been known in my family to have quite a temper. Most people outside the immediate family have never seen this side of me, which is for the best. However this can be seen easily if a person hurt someone I care about. This list of people I care about has just expanded in number by four this year. Some of the best people you will meet, all in one small place called work. Now I guess guys can take care of themselves in certain situations, so this is more geared I guess to my female friends.

Like I mentioned before I feel very protective over the people I care about. If someone were to emotionally hurt them then I would have to do my best in my language skills to emotionally hurt their 'ego.' Nail them down a couple notches. Now I have no problem with putting out the same amount of pain that was used, so you can only assume what would come next. If you guessed physical abuse then YOUR RIGHT! If someone felt the need to enforce their 'strength' to ANYONE I cared about, I would seriously have problems stopping myself from killing them. Maybe a bullet in the leg, or a 2 by 4 across the face will be enough to teach them a lesson not to mess with my friends or family again, but being able to stop myself in a heat of rage would be a big character building experience for me. In order to protect the people I care about from these irrational psychopaths I would have no problem spending a couple years in jail or a nice hefty fee to pay.

Cause if I ever had to make that type of decision again.....I would do it in a heartbeat.

Hope you enjoyed learning about the darker side of my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I understand the feeling but I've worked my through it differently. I hold on to the verses that say "vengenance is mine, saith the Lord, I will repay" Romans 12:19 & Hebrews 10:30 I will stand up for someone I love, even at the expense of being hurt myself, but I will leave God to deal with the offender - at least I think I will, but who really knows what would happen in the heat of the moment. I know it would take an awful lot of prayer to have the control to leave them to God in certain situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I believe that God will take care of the situation without me having to do a thing. THe problem is that when that heat of the moment occurs, I know I won't be able to stop myself from doing something irrational. I mean if someone hurt u, Sarah or Anna I would freak out and be in the same situation

    ReplyDelete