Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tough Choices

Many times in life you will come across a split path. Sometimes the paths may lead back to each other in the end, and sometimes they go in completely different directions. Which path to choose? Do you go out on a limb and follow a path that you want, but know that it may turn out horrible or do you follow what you know, and go with the other path?

It seems like in my life these split paths have been coming up a lot lately, and so far I think I have made the right choices, but others haven't really made it to that juncture yet where you have to choose. Meeting several new people from the place I work has brought these decisions to me, but non so far that has made me really have to sit there and contemplate what life's going to do for me. I mean so far I have met great people that I have a lot in common with. One of these people I highly respect as a person and a friend, just so happens to believe in some of the same stuff as myself whether through religion or just a personal preference. Although its not a very common attribute you come across, especially in some of the Church's here in Canada, which really disappoints me. However it makes it difficult when you have a 'path' to take between going and hanging out with certain friends when they see nothing wrong with drinking.

Recently as I have been getting older, it has always come across my attention that sooner or later hopefully I will meet someone that I can share my life with. Although thats the juncture that you have to stop and wonder if it will turn into one path once again or will this take your life in a completely different direction than what you always wanted your life to be like. For most people its hard enough trying to find someone like you, but being a Christian and believing what I do makes it all the more difficult for me. You could find someone completely perfect in many ways, but the part that could matter the most is the part where your different. Your decision could take you on the path you never saw yourself going. Sometimes that could be good, but I don't know if I would be willing to take that risk when there is a chance that I might deviate from my religion or cause problems later in life. I try to stay connected with Christ, but its hard sometimes when the outside world starts coming in and affecting your decisions.

I am just hoping that the person I highly respect I can look upon as a role model in life for sticking by your decisions and beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment