Saturday, April 10, 2010

I is for Invisibility

Now I don't mean so in the creepy way Clay Aiken sings or the scientific all new level creepy of 'Hollow Man' with Kevin Bacon. I just mean in the way, that I never really disappear, but in some cases just became invisible to people.

Now normally I am pretty good at this. I can go throughout my house, or even work and many times people don't even know I was there. For example: At work I am known as "giggles" now don't ask me cause personally laughing just isn't my thing all the time. However because I did not laugh at all during the long hours of the holiday weekend a lot of my fellow employees did not know I was working. I was having a "mediocre" day, as I have been for the past two weeks.

Although I try and stay away from a lot of people this following week though, they just keep noticing me. Those are the times I wish I would just disappear. It would make it so much easier to go through the day, packing peoples groceries without feeling the pressure to talk to anyone, or fill in the awkward silences. Yes becoming invisible would be kind of lonely, but would it not be great to be able to disappear and reappear when you wished? Having a bad hair day? Disappear, supervisors trying to find you? Disappear. Trying to run away from an awkward situation with the opposite sex? Disappear. If only life were that easy. Instead we have to suck it up and stay 100% visible. One thing I have learned however, is never wear a hat. It just seems to draw more attention to your face rather than take it away! Damn hats, why do I love them oh so very much.

8 comments:

  1. I would like to disappear at times, who wouldn't. Most times it is at the Dr's office
    or grocery store. You see someone that you know if you run into them they will talk to you til you turn blue. They are hard to get away from. You do all you can to avoid
    them and then at check out...you are stuck and here,they come...augh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know a few situations that I would really like to hit a disappear button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I love the example you used Ellie! I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am invisable to many people, where I live they are not the firendly sort, everyone keeps themselves to themselves but by doing that we may as well be invisable.
    If it was not seeing my children on a weekly basis I would not see anyone at all.

    Have a good Sunday.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, stopping by to visit from the challenge! I love this post...I think there are times we all wish we could be invisible. It can be lonely, but also freeing at times I believe!

    Have a blessed day today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post. I think at some point in our lives, we'd all like to disappear. I know it's certainly true for me!

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny. I know an author that is actually writing a story about a disappearing woman. She is so overlooked and unappreciated in life that she actually blends in with the scenery. I've totally felt like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Invisibility would be a pretty cool super power to have access to! :)

    ReplyDelete