Wednesday, April 28, 2010

X-Men

So I got this idea from a guy at work, and considering I really never had any clue as to what I was going to write I am going to go with this one.

X-Men was created by Stan Lee and comes from Marvel. The main concept of this series is professor Xavier creates a safe haven called Westchester mansion where he finds people with super human powers and teaches them to use it for the greater good, and to prove to the world that heroes do exist. The reason for the name 'X' Men comes from the X Gene which provides these super human team with their specific talents, and was assumed to be caused by radiation exposure. Within the team was Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Angel, Beast, Storm, Wolverine and many more.

Just like any superhero story there was a rival team. The team that caused havoc for the world and believed it was the right thing, Magneto and the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Throughout the past four decades X-Men has travelled through from comics, TV series, Video Games, Book to the well known series of movies. They haven't been forgotten and never shall.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the video, we didn't get this over here a great pity,
    A good post that I enjoyed reading.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-men is one of my favorite comic stories. I think they've done a great job with the movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rogue rules, nuff said. :D I love X-Men

    ReplyDelete