Monday, April 26, 2010

V is for Vicious

You can have many topics that start with vicious. Such as vicious fish, including the blow fish to sharks. You can talk about vicious people such as managers, to people you meet on the street. However I am going to talk about vicious circles.

Many times are mind goes around and around in a vicious circle. Such as the purpose of a rose in a romantic relationship: "she loves me, she loves me not." Or our vicious circle of life, we can hate life at one moment and completely see no purpose in it, and then the next minute everything makes sense. This happens to me a lot of the time. Some people must think I am bi-polar but the truth is that I am a stereotypical girl, who just can't make up her mind. I can completely fall for someone one moment and then the next not understand why. Or one minute completely love work or look optimistic about school but then hate it. This vicious circle is what completes many people. If we didn't have the indecisiveness where would we be? Living like smurfs in a smurf hut. Okay so I am rambling. So right now the vicious circle comes with school. Should I take another year off and go to the better school? Hmmm, what do you all think. Toronto film school where the best success story I heard was a student writing for the TV show Flash point or to a school where students made District 9? Should I pay $30000 for a year and go to Toronto or $60000 and go to Vancouver?

7 comments:

  1. What is your heart telling you to do? Follow it. Great post my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good post, My mind sometimes go round in vicious circles. but I get there in the end.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it the school that made them successful...or the fire in their belly to get stuff made and out there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poetry reminds me so much of my son, when he was a teenager (he's now 41). I like to keep in touch with you young people and the world you're living in today. I'm meeting you through Arlee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world is your oyster young lady and there is no wrong choice. Whichever you choose you will get something from it. Who knows you might at some point go to both. Thanks for the visit today. Please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big whoop, if the students went to Toronto Film school and made District 9 would you want to go to Vancouver more or Toronto?? I think you're thinking Toronto seems lousy because the only success story you've heard from it is Flash Point. It doesn't matter though, you will be able to create whichever and whatever you want to. I can bet you'll have better sources in Vancouver, but it won't happen until you're done school anyway right? SO If you really have the itch to move across the country then you can save some moolah and venture on over there when it's more affordable.
    Ultimately though, it's up to you. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Per a mutual friend Arlee Bird I'm stopping by to say hi. My nephew is an aspiring cinematogropher in Grand Rapids, MI. He works hard at it. Its a challenge for sure. Nest wishes for your success.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete